Crafting Troubles

The other day I was doing my resin thing, I went for my glitter collection as pictured (well some of it). Also noticing for the first time that it is fairly sparse… This was not a good sign…
Photo 10-03-2016, 15 53 50
So I had just pulled a cute frame from the mold, as you do. I also had a lovely set of lips to go with this frame. All seems to be going to plan so far, so I had this idea, go with a black glitter and make the piece really monochromatic, it would be stunning. Now this is where the I hit a snag.

I do not own any black glitter. *Insert face of horror here*

I know, what was I thinking? Black is the first colour of anything I go for. And how on earth did it take me this long to realize I don’t have black glitter? So trip to ebay it is.

After an hour of looking at shinny things on ebay, I have ten, that’s right 1-0, glitters arriving hopefully in the next few days. Perfect for the next resin session.

Bulbasaur Progress

I’m trying to put together a gijinka of bulbasaur, basically meaning a human version of the pokemon from the orginal 150. Below is the bulb I’ve made so far.
IMG_7018.JPG
So this is my progress on the bulbasaur bulb for the end of the month. Its going, still not sure if its going well. Its all in one piece and sealed up with padding and backpack straps, which I forgot to add when I was doing the seams so Ive have to attach them to the outside of the bulb. The shape is there when I’m not wearing it but not once Ive put the backpack on, so more modifying needs to happen. I’m thinking if I sew the edges of the bulb over each other then it’ll look more like layers and create a rounded shape more like bulbasaurs.
Ive also go the dress to paint yet spots/marks on and the ears to make but they should take too long once the bulb is sorted. I was going to use the same fabric as the bulb to create the bulbasaur markings on the dress but I ran out of fabric so I figured hey why not just paint them on, and if this costume goes completely pear shaped I have made an awesome bulbasaur bulb cushion that is really soft! More progress later when I’ve actually made more of it!

Resin Video Update.

Oh look a new video… Just a simple resin update. Some stuff on there that hasn’t been posted anywhere else! Nah it probably has been posted somewhere. It took me long enough eh?

Also set up a little newletter on the facebook page, I haven’t put the templates together yet but Im working on it. You are more than welcome to sign up and get updates about Maladjusted Designs once I start using the News letter. Which for the moment I will probably start in about a months times. Plenty of time for me to put something nice and cohesive together. I’ve also put a mini shop on to the facebook page so you can see the items without having to leave facebook! Purchases still have to be made through etsy though.

Got some more pieces is the works too, comic book ones so keep an eye out. OOh and I have a little sale going on at the moment

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 20.18.42

More things are being added, with my work scheduale I couldnt do it all in one hit. They are under one header on the site and I have dropped the prices to as low as I can so try and make room for new stock!

Also been working on a new logo, at the minute you’ll have noticed that Im using MF in the bottem left og every image. That of course works for Maladjusted Freak (the site) but not so much for Maladjusted Deigns so I’ve been putting a new one together…

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 20.30.21

Its not perfect yet but I think its getting there. Trying to update the shapes to make the M a little more versatile. And of course you’ll recognize the swirl in the D from the current F. I am trying to get the spacing right so that I can keep a vector of the orginal in black and white then edit the colours to suit what ever I need to use it for. Once its done I will probably try and redesign a couple of business cards and a stamp.